Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Awareness

Perhaps you've noticed the link on my blog to another blog? Enjoying the Small Things by Kelle Hampton. While I was on maternity leave and trolling Internet message boards during one of Cassidy's naps, I came across Kelle's blog. It was recommended because she's a wonderful photographer and her babies are beautiful. Loving photography myself I quickly looked it up and yes, her photos are beautiful. However that is not what has kept me reading Kelle's blog all this time. It is her free wheeling spirit, her energy and yes, her photos. Kelle's daughter Nella was born, almost 2 years ago, with Down Syndrome.

Now that is a life-changing event!  I believe that some day in the future breast cancer will be a small blip on my memories of my life. For the Hampton's, DS is not going to go away. As a fellow mama, I applaud Kelle's desire for her beautiful daughter to lead a normal life full of acceptance and love.  For the 2nd time Kelle is raising money for Nella's birthday to support NDSS. The mission of NDSS is to be the national advocate for the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome. NDSS envisions a world in which all people with Down syndrome have the opportunity to enhance their quality of life, realize their life aspirations, and become valued members of welcoming communities.

I gave last year. I remember watching the amount grow. Watching in amazement that so many people, giving small amounts, can make a big difference.  I will give again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment