Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Girlfriends

I wish I had friends.  Of course I have friends but… I don’t feel like I have a BEST friend anymore. I’m close with one of my cousins and my sister but they both have older kids so we’re at different stages right now. I have no friends who have a baby which stinks not only for me but for Cassidy who will be an only child and it would be nice if I had a close friend with a child around her age so that she could see another child regularly. And my best friend who I used to be joined at the hip with… well, she married a controlling jerk about four years ago and drifted apart doesn’t even begin to describe what’s happened to us. I miss her. I miss her so damn much. And I want her back but I don’t see that happening until she divorces him and I’m not sure when or if that will happen. So do I give up? Do I try to find another BFF?  That’s not an easy thing to do.  I guess I’ll just tell her how much I miss her.

I’m probably also a little down because our vacation is over and we’re back to work. Towards the end of our vacation we went to Boston for a day and it was a lovely day. I’m itching to plan another vacation!




No comments:

Post a Comment