Friday, September 3, 2010

I love weekends

Today is a friday, the start of all my weekends. This weekend happens to also be Labor day weekend so I get an extra day! Yippee! AND my husband Bill took today off too so lots of family togetherness this weekend. I started my day by giving my baby Cassidy rice cereal for the first time.
I don't think it went that well. Very little cereal actually got into her. Then I took her and the dog for a walk. we do it most weekends - either 2.5 or 3 miles. It was nice and she napped. When we got home I made homeade baby food - green beans.
My family thinks I'm crazy to make homeade baby food. I only cook for my husband and I once a week (usually one weekend night and it's Lean Cuisines the rest of the time!). But I want the baby to have nice healthy food that I know what went into it. So I'm trying making my own. So far I have peaches and plums made. today was my first veggie and I think it came out great!


After I puree it I put it in ice cube trays for nice 1oz servings. Then I'll freezer bag them and just defrost as necesary. Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment