Friday, November 11, 2011

Back to work

It was a hectic week.  I wish I had a massage or something relaxing planned for this weekend because I need it. oh wait, I can't get a massage because I can't lay on my stomach. insert big pathetic sigh :-(

Wednesday I had two doctors appointments that went fine. Got the all clear from the breast surgeon and I never need to see her again. Another 80 cc's in my expander's from the plastic surgeon and I won't need any more fills.  Bill surprised me by taking that afternoon off and we went out for lunch in Boston. It was a beautiful sunny day so that was nice.

Thursday I went back to work. I figured I could handle it for one day. Get through my email and catch up a little.  I hadn't told many people why I was going to be out. I had decided that if I needed chemo and lost my hair everyone would find out but since I didn't know when I left what would happen on that score I didn't broadcast why I would be out of the office. Lots of people asked me if I was okay.  I, of course, responded with an "I'm great!". No one asked me why I'd been out and I didn't volunteer any information.

This morning I went to have my birth control implant removed. My arm is still a little numb but I have a feeling it's going to hurt all weekend. The doctor said the bruising would be similar to having it put in and it was pretty awful then. 



I'm really sad today. In the past few months my life has changed a lot. I realize today is just one more thing on top of more serious things that happened last month but it's like the straw that broke the camels back. Which is not good since I have plenty of more stuff coming up. It's too early for this to be the straw.  It seems so minor. So what, we use other birth control. But it changes things. I'm going to get my period for the first time since 2009. That sounds pretty awful to me. Bill has an appointment next month for a vasectomy which is one more thing to do in December. So much has changed so fast there hasn't been time to process it. If I honestly answered my coworkers question about how I am...  I'm not great.  I'm just okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment