Thursday, July 5, 2012

Not Crazy Busy

When I began this year I wanted to reduce stress in my life.  I am doing an awesome job!  I read this article this week: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/30/the-busy-trap/. I love
" I’ve always understood that the best investment of my limited time on earth was to spend it with people I love". Now I'm not saying that I'm not busy because I am. But I try to be busy doing things I love! A long time ago I read that it's ok to be busy as long as when you look at all the things you have to do in a day, you're happy to do most of them.

We had a nice 4th of July holiday at my sisters. As soon as Cassidy saw the pool she wanted to go in. My dad had his bathing suit on so in they went. Except she hated it. Don't think she realized she wouldn't be able to stand up. and it was cold!  When we got home I asked her if she likes Auntie's pool and she said no. At least next time I know not to bother bringing her bathing suit!


Our lovely hosts

Cassidy also got her first at home hair cut last week. I wish I'd taken a before picture so everyone could see her mullet. I just cut across the back to even things out. I won't ever do that again as I definitely didn't miss my calling as a hairdresser!
Otherwise we've just been hanging out at home relaxing and playing. One of my favorite things about kids is that playing is something they do. I remember Lenny would respond to "What did you do today" with "Play" and now Cassidy gives me the same response. I love it!

my mom gave Cassidy this funny towel for Easter and this was the first time she put it on

Relaxing with a snack in our backyard.

A little blurry but so cute!

Happy long weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment