Thursday, September 29, 2011

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

If you don’t know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month you must live in a closet and have someone slip you skinny meals under the door.  Every magazine I’ve read in the last two weeks has articles about breast cancer. How to figure out if you have it, what the risks are, whose had it and how they’re doing.  Commercials on the radio about the Making Strides against breast cancer walk in Boston this weekend. Even the discount kids  site – Zulily – today had kids shirts with the pink ribbon!  I’m happy that it gets lots of attention and I absolutely hope they find a cure – especially since my daughter will be high risk for breast cancer. Next year I’ll be walking and collecting money for research.
But this year I’d like to read a magazine for entertainment and not have it remind me that cancer is growing in my right breast! I think about it enough, I don’t need reminders.

Cassidy is going through an adjustment period with the move to the toddler room at school and the transition to one nap a day. She’s doing great and learning new things but she’s also tired and cranky. Frustrated that she’s talking but we don’t understand her. And the more tired she is the naughtier she is and the more she wants mommy to cuddle with her.  So the further disruption of mommy not being able to pick her up is bad timing. I’m sure we’ll manage but it’s one more thing I’m worrying about.


We don't know how strong we are until being strong is the only choice we have.
-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment