Thursday, September 15, 2011

Waiting

I am not a patient person.
I am not good at waiting.
I recognize and acknowledge my faults. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to want  to know what time I’m having surgery on the 7th so I can tell my sister what time to watch Cassidy. And where I’m having surgery (Brigham & Womens or Faulkner)?  When and where is my pre-operative appointment that they mentioned to me on the 6th (“oh we’ll call you back with a date”). Have they filled out my FMLA paperwork so I can get that to HR?

Why won’t anyone call me back when I leave messages on all the phone #’s that go right to voice mail? If I did that at work I wouldn’t have a job (ok, that’s not true but I have a unique work situation where I could probably smoke crack at lunch and not get fired).

I’m getting frustrated and none of this gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling about my surgery and treatment. My mom has been telling people that Dana Farber was so organized and that impressed me because I’m so organized.  Well, that ship has sailed.

Maybe they’re used to dealing with older women who don’t need to set up a babysitter and aren’t busy at work with meetings that its difficult to cancel.  This is really  stressing me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment