Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Exchange surgery yesterday

According to the plastic surgeon, yesterday’s surgery went well.  Bill and I got there a little late due to traffic. So I didn’t have to wait when I got there, in fact they had called my cell. I got into my johnny and the surgeons came by before the nurse had even covered me with my warm blanket. By the time they got the IV in I’d talked to anesthesia and Bill had been back with me for like 4 minutes and we were saying “see you later” and I was off to surgery early.

The anesthesiologist did a great job and I woke up in recover not nauseous at all. What a difference that makes. We were heading home by 2:30!

Last week we had decided on 450cc implants based on thinking there was 460cc’s in my expanders. During surgery they realized there was more than 460cc’s. We’d discussed if there was a question to go bigger, not smaller. So I have the biggest implants possible for my chest size – 500cc’s!  And even swollen they don’t seem too big so we’ll see. 

Last week we also discussed how my right boob had moved down and towards my armpit and was far from symmetrical. So I knew they were going to do a lot of deep tissue stitches to move righty back where she belongs. And that is what is pretty painful. If it wasn’t for that I’d just take Advil. My left side is a little sore but really feels fine. The right is very painful to move my arm or lift anything. So I’ll have longer than predicted lifting restrictions due to that but I’ll do whatever it takes for it to stay in place. I’m looking forward to not ever wearing a bra again!

No comments:

Post a Comment