Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

At the end of the year, many people reflect back over the last year. I feel like I'm expected to say that 2011 was the worst year of my life. Jake was diagnosed with thyroid disease and epilepsy. He's only 6 years old. Bill had a heart attack at 42! I had cancer! It was a hard year. But it was a good year too. Cassidy learned to walk and talk. We had lots of fun day trips and vacations. I learned that all my friends are really great friends who stood by me during tough times. Bill and I know that we got the worst of "for better or worse" out of the way. We survived and our relationship is stronger than ever.

I think 2012 will be an interesting year. My perspective on life has changed. I'm going back to work on Tuesday and I don't want to go. Life is too short. There is too much fun and laughs to have. I don't want to spend another minute toiling away in my cube and being stressed out, so some corporation can profit. But I love our lifestyle and our home and we need my salary to maintain that. We'll see what happens. I predict 2012 is going to be a fun year.

My 2011 photo scrapbook is done and can be viewed here:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/sharing/shareRedirect.jsp?token=249466985606%3A1909107959

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment