Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stress

I've been thinking a lot about stress lately, specifically what stress does to your body.  I met a group of women who have not only breast cancer in common, but also successful careers. And with most successful careers, comes a lot of stress.  Now, I'm not saying stress causes cancer but... does it maybe give it an environment in which to thrive?

Since I've returned to work, I've been trying very hard not to let myself get stressed. The truth is, what frustrates me most about my job are things I have no control over. I can only control the things I do and how I react.  I've done pretty well reducing my stress the last few weeks.

And yet, I sit here on a Thursday evening thinking... I really should work on that project this weekend. After vowing to myself a million times that I'm not going to work on my day off or the weekend. That I'm not going to stress about tight deadlines. Though this tight deadline is tight because of my upcoming surgery.  Is it more stressful to have this project hanging over my head and have to rush to finish it Monday? Or is it less stressful just to spend 2 hours on it and have it done with? I don't think there's an easy answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment